Friday 9 March 2012

Time to rest, relax and recharge!

Well the week started off well with a trip to one of my favourite shops to spend some birthday money I still had tucked away.  I treated myself to a pretty cover for my journal:



Alas dear little son has now passed on an annoying virus to hubby and I.  The good news is now that the weekend is here it is time to rest, relax and recharge the batteries!  Luckily the sun is shinning and it is one of those glorious autumnal days with a bright azure blue sky and a gentle warm wind blowing. 

I have been a fabulous domestic goddess type (ha ha!) and washed all the bedding and linen so it could spend the day on the line outside, getting fresh and lovely in the sunshine.  While it dried hubby and I lounged on the sofa and moaned about our various ailments.  It was bliss to have some time to devour my favourite magazines though!


And just when I think that my little boy is becoming so grown up (I was reprimanded for kissing him goodbye at the schoolgate this week!), he surprises me with something sweet and adorable, like spending a hour or so playing 'doctors' with his wee teddies.  Tucking them up in bed and nagging them to eat their green veggies (hmmm, I dont know where he has heard that before!). 



Time to dash back to the comfort of the sofa, hubby has put on an old black and white Humphrey Bogart movie to watch and made us all mugs of hot chocolate - yum yum!  I think dinner tonight will simply be soup and toast (or maybe just brandy and dark chocolate, he he he).

 Have a happy and healthy week dear friends!

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have bugs in the house at the moment, hopefully they feel beetr soon. Love the book cover too, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor sweetie! Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm sure the hot chocolate did the trick. At least the weather is improving after that horrible cold snap. Brrr - I'm so not ready for Winter! Have a fab week gorgeous. See you soon.
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon! All better now - I think a day of rest was all we needed. We drove around the bays this morning and had a picnic lunch at Worser Bay, which was lovely. Then the lads spent the afternoon out in the garden - we are over run with lettuce, if you'd like some! We must catch up soon, its been too long. Becks xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi - hope you are all feeling better soon, including the poorly teddies. I have had a gentle domestic day here with my husband and Little Son doing 'men's things in the garden' !!! its left me able to bake and cook and crochet. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily - dont you love days like that? Your day sounds so similar to mine - hubby and son (and mad dog) out in the garden. Have a great week hon! x

      Delete
  4. A gal after my own heart ... brandy and dark chocolate sounds really good right now. After a full day at school and then running around for several hours in the afternoon, I missed lunch, so came home and made a quick corn chowder to eat along with the cornbread I baked the other day. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Our weather is ever changing so lots of folks are getting sick around here. Today was a dusty day. Yuck! Country Homes & Interiors used to be one of my favorite magazines -- can't even get it here anymore. :/ Have a fabulous week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you did have time to relax and recharge your batteries! I've got some chocolate next to me as I'm reading blogs, not much left now.

    I hope your feeling a bit better now...

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca, I couldn't reply directly from my comments but I've put up the recipe for Elderberry Tonic now :)Sounds like that could have been useful to you now since you are under the weather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie that is brilliant (and yes I could have used your tonic last week, ha ha!). I've missed your posts - so glad you are back from your trip in towbie :-) Cheers, Becks xxx

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete